Sunday, June 2, 2013

Media Blog #12: Hanes Shirts vs Cats

 
             
             Cats are so cute. They're fluffy, soft, and quite irresistible in my opinion. They always try to bite me when I pet them. ... But they're so soft! This Hanes commercial is one of my favorites on TV at the moment and it instantly caught my attention.
 
            This commercial started off with a couple of guys hanging out on the couch. One of them is wearing cats on his shirt. Yeah you heard me. Cats! With the Gestalt Principal, it shows how outrageous the cat shirt is. It really does look crazy cool and I'm sure cat lovers will go crazy when they see this commercial. The other guy is telling the one with the cats on his shirt that Hanes has new and improved shirts - softer than a kitten! This commercial uses the ad technique of testimonial when the cat guy asks Michael Jordan what he thinks of his cat shirt. Michael Jordan responds with "Duuude, wow." He is making the cat shirt look dumb and making the Hanes shirt sound appealing to the viewers.
 
           But I got it off of Sky Mall.


No comments:

Post a Comment